After several weeks of public beta testing we are thrilled to announce that Lightkey 2 is ready for release, to the day on Lightkey’s second anniversary. Our biggest update ever is chock full of features that you’ve been waiting for: An all-new effects engine featuring over 50 effect templates, multi-beam fixture support & beat-controlled effects. Fixture property fanning. Cuelists and multiple pages in the Live view. An improved user interface including a new toolbar. And much more.
And the best point: Lightkey 2 is completely FREE for all existing users.
All-New Effects & Fanning Engine
- Choose from over 50 built-in templates or create your own effects.
- Pattern effects with six customizable patterns.
- Curve effects with 28 basic curve types.
- Movement effects with 14 built-in, fully editable movement paths.
- Fan fixture properties between two or more values.
- Apply fanning and effects to the following properties: Dimmer, Color, Position, Focus, Zoom, Iris, Frost, Fog, custom properties.
- Synchronize effects to music.
- Effects remain editable at any time.
- Apply effects to multi-beam fixtures such as LED strips.
- Overlay multiple effects.
- Movement paths can now be named.
- Control effect speed from Live view.
Control Panels & Cuelists
- Create multiple pages in the Live view.
- Introducing cuelists for recalling cues in a predefined order.
- Keys are now named buttons.
- Copy and paste cues between control panels and cuelists.
Improved & Refreshed User Interface
- A new toolbar provides quick access to many features.
- The “bubbles” showing overridden fixture properties are now clickable to quickly select or delete overridden properties.
- Clicking the blue dot next to a fixture’s name shows the overridden properties.
- Restructured fixture shortcut menus allow quick selection of all supported properties.
- HUDs for Position, Focus, Zoom, and Iris have been redesigned to allow for more precision.
- Improved fixture property controls in the Design view.
- User interface for setting the beat has been integrated into the Live view.
And Much More
- Improved project setup assistant.
- Copy and paste individual fixture properties (including effects and fanning).
- Graphical shapes in the Preview can now have dark stroke and fill colors.
- Layering commands for shapes in the Preview.
- Copy & paste colors.
- New command to add overridden properties to a preset.
- Search the Preset Palette.
- Preset palette supports “swipe-to-delete” gesture.
- New button to cancel preset editing.
- New external control actions: Start/stop cuelist, Pause/resume cuelist, Next cue, Clear properties, Select Live page
- Improved MIDI feedback for Novation Launchpad Pro.
- 35 new generic fixture profiles.
Lightkey 2 requires macOS 10.11 or later.