This release is for friends of pixels and effects, introducing many big and small improvements to the effects engine including four brand new effect patterns.
- New effect patterns: Scanner, Yo-yo, and Meteor support both time- and beat control, and Snakes uses random timing.
- New Random Noise option for the following patterns: Rain, Scanner, Sparkle, Snakes.
- Added “Random (Variable)” fixture order which changes each time an effect becomes active.
- It’s now possible to continue effects across cues. This works if:
- both cues belong to buttons which are attached to each other, or both cues are in the same cuelist;
- both cues contain the same preset with an effect; and
- any modifiers which affect the effect have identical values in both cues.
- Added a command to spread the time offset evenly across pixels.
- Added new effect templates. There are now 70 built-in templates.
- Added option to include the fixture order in user-created effect templates.
- Changed the interpretation of the Duration parameter for Fill and Rain patterns so that adding or removing samples no longer affects the effect’s speed. Where necessary, existing effects are automatically updated so they behave exactly as before.
- Added Duplicate command to shortcut menu for pattern samples.
- Changed the workings of relative Position effects: Effects with the Relative option are applied “on top” of cues with a lower priority. Cues with a higher priority override the relative effect.
- If a fixture has segments of beams which are controlled together, effects will now treat each segment as a single pixel.
- In many cases effects continue seamlessly when the duration, speed, and other parameters change.
- Sliders for custom fixture properties now display the actual value (rather than a percentage) in many cases. You can also enter actual values with the keyboard when the property is selected. The +/– and Arrow keys change the value in sensible intervals. We updated many built-in fixture profiles to take advantage of this feature.
- The system color picker now works in the Fanning HUD.
- The effect chooser spacing was sometimes wrong after typing in the search field when using legacy scroll bars.
Update note: Lightkey 4.3 will no longer open projects last saved by version 1.x. If you still have a very old project you need to open and save it with Lightkey 2.0 through 4.2 first.