Say Hello to Lightkey 4! For the first time Lightkey can output up to 4096 DMX channels. That’s 8 universes, but in fact you can now distribute the unlocked channels to as many universes as you like. On top of that, Lightkey 4 controls Philips Hue smart lights, which make a great complement to many DMX lighting installations.
Up to 4096 Channels + Smart Lights
- Control Philips Hue smart lights and smart plugs in tandem with your DMX fixtures. Multiple Hue bridges can be controlled simultaneously in the same project.
- Output up to 4096 channels (8 DMX universes). Owners of a 2048 channels license are automatically upgraded to 4096 channels at no extra cost.
- Distribute the channels unlocked by your license to any number of DMX universes. Disabled fixtures do not count against the channel limit.
- New light bulb fixture type.
- Improved color controls in Design view.
- Refreshed user interface throughout the application.
- The Design view has a new edit mode for rearranging and hiding properties.
- New license management window.
- Option to output zero values on all channels before quitting.
Lightkey 4 requires macOS 11 or newer and is a free update for all users.
Smart lights require macOS 12. There’s a new license option for smart lights (+$50); regular licenses are limited to five smart lights. If you would like to upgrade your license to include smart lights please get in touch.
If you previously purchased a license for 2048 channels you can enjoy up to 4096 output channels in Lightkey 4. To enable this, simply deactivate your license and activate it again. Your license will continue to work with 2048 channels in Lightkey 3.